Accolades

79th Monthly Wins December 2011
53rd Monthly Wins Feburary 2012
36th Monthly Wins May 2012
Yahoo Sports IQ Weekly Winner 7/23/12-7/29/12, 7/30/12-8/5/12
StreakItUp Weekly Winner Round 12 Group 6


Wednesday, July 3, 2013

July 4th

Happy Independence Day!!
Hope everyone has a good day off work (and for those of you who have to work, sorry about that!)

Let's hope for a good day of streaking! (In the SFTC sense, or you know, any attractive girls)

1. Bartoli vs Flipkens
These two have never played each other.  Here's the info we do have.  Bartoli beat Stephens 6-4, 7-5 in the quarters, and Flipkens beat Kvitova 4-6, 6-3, 6-4. Neither of them dropped a set in any previous round (Bartoli hasn't dropped a set all tournament).  Bartoli is a -150 favorite.  Although I hate going based off odds, I don't really have the stats to say otherwise.  Bartoli is my pick.

2. Sabrine Lisicki vs Radwanska
Last round I had Radwanska getting beaten by Li Na, and she won in 3 sets.  Lisicki had no letdown after her Serena victory, beating Kanepi 6-3, 6-3.  Also, Lisicki might be third in athletes I would totally date.  She's so smiley, and cute.  (If you missed the previous installments Alex Morgan is first, followed by Elena Della Donne).  Anyway, both previous matches were on hard court, which, as we've seen from Lisicki, doesn't mean nearly as much as her performance on grass.  I hate going against Radwanska again, especially if she proves me wrong again, but Lisicki is playing amazing tennis right now, can't go against her.

3. 62 hot dogs or fewer vs 63 hot dogs or more.
Last year, Chestnut's 10-minute hot dog gorge contained 19,158 calories, 1,246 grams of fat, 2,170 milligrams of cholesterol, 42,408 milligrams of sodium, 657.2 grams of protein.  All in 10 minutes.  Personally, I'm not ready to believe that an accomplishment of this magnitude qualifies Chestnut as an athlete.  I will, however, give him credit for being some kind of superhuman mutant who is capable of doing things that regular mortals could never do.  Nor want to, for that matter.
Would anyone really take the under? I mean come on, this guy has spent his life training to eat as many hot dogs as possible, and you're going to root against that? I'm taking over on the principle of America and supporting others dreams...as weird as they may be.

4. Rays vs Astros
A disclaimer: The picks I post on here won't always be the picks I pick due to the forfeit button being an option, and I'm not about to disclose my ENTIRE strategy to the public.  This is one of those cases where I might not end up on this game.

Rays will send Chris Archer to the mound.  He's tallied an ERA of 4.40 in his 6 starts.  Lyles for Houston has an ERA of 3.99.  I just think the Rays are far better than the Astros (I mean lets be honest, what MLB team isn't...p.s. I'll give you a hint, none are, I checked the standings). Rays for me.

5. Will there be a rouge in the first half?
In the last game between the Montreal Alouettes and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, there were a total of 2 rouges, one in each half.  I feel like a rouge is pretty much standard across the league, so here are the results of all games so far in the CFL season. It has happened 13 times in 12 games,  thus the chances of a rouge in a half are slightly higher than 50%, in general for the CFL.  I'm going to go no, because last game was the first time either the Blue Bombers or the Alouettes...Rouged?...if that's the word for it.

6. How many points scored in the 3rd quarter? 14 or fewer vs 15 or more.

I think I have to take the fewer here. I know the pick went way over in the matchup last week, but the Blue Bombers really struggle to score (only 39 points in 3 games), and while its not like they have a very strong defense either, I think a few stops here or there will be enough (keep in mind, they only get 3 downs in CFL).

I'll review the evening props tomorrow, probably sometime around the hot dog eating contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment