Accolades

79th Monthly Wins December 2011
53rd Monthly Wins Feburary 2012
36th Monthly Wins May 2012
Yahoo Sports IQ Weekly Winner 7/23/12-7/29/12, 7/30/12-8/5/12
StreakItUp Weekly Winner Round 12 Group 6


Thursday, July 11, 2013

July 12th

1. Cavendish or Kittel vs AOC
Again, why would you even think about my suggestion...see Uconnryan and Mwallack.

2. Jabonlec or draw vs Viktoria Plzen
The Czech league has not begun its 2013-2014 season, so all I have to go off of is the 2012-2013 data. The home side won the Czech league last season while the road side placed fourth. Viktoria Plzen won 20 games out of this 30 matches. The road side lost only seven matches of their 30 matches played last season. This is a difficult match to call because I don't know what form teams are going to be in since they're not midseason. Additionally, I don't know how important the Czech cup is so I don't know what type of lineups the teams put out. I'll take the home side, mainly because the odds favor them reasonably heavily and I'm not well versed in Czech soccer.

3. Chicago cubs vs. St. Louis

I was shocked the cubs were able to beat St. Louis today, and the prospects for the cubs winning tomorrow are even higher. Joe Kelly goes to the mound for St. Louis he has a 4.14 era this season and the opposing pitcher Villanueva has an era of 3.63 this season. Both pitchers have struggled to get wins this season with Kelly being 0-3 and Villanueva having a record of 2-4. I have to pick St. Louis because I think that a much better team although the pitching matchup greatly favors the Cubs.

4. What will be the first score of the game? Touchdown or any other result

In the CFL this season there have been a touchdown scored first in seven of the eight games played. Meanwhile, Vegas currently has a touchdown as a + 105 underdog. The reason for this is the CFL has the rouge which happens fairly frequently. This is really a tossup because although there have been touchdowns scored first in most games this season there haven't been enough games for that to be statistically significant, I'll have to take the slightly favored Vegas result and take any other result.

5. DC United vs Guadalajara
I always recommend a home team with a win or draw option, and this matchup is no exception. While DC united has been poor in the MLS this season, And the away team has been having a pretty decent season so far and have won five of nine road matches. A lot of players are participating in the gold cup and this is a club friendly. I'll take DC united.

No comments:

Post a Comment