Accolades

79th Monthly Wins December 2011
53rd Monthly Wins Feburary 2012
36th Monthly Wins May 2012
Yahoo Sports IQ Weekly Winner 7/23/12-7/29/12, 7/30/12-8/5/12
StreakItUp Weekly Winner Round 12 Group 6


Monday, August 6, 2012

August 7th

1. USA 35+ vs AOR
In group play, the US won by 25 (5), 52 (6), 31 (2), 27 (4), 48 (3), number in parenthesis is where the team ended up placing in the group.  Group B results aren't too helpful for Canada as no team has near the strength of the US team, but it should be noted that they never got blown out.  I'll take Canada to lose by around 30 or so, but I see this as a tossup.
 
2. Jordan Wieber to medal?
Wieber hasn't shown the ability to medal.  In qualifying she finished 6th.  In the team competition she placed 4th as an individual on the floor.  Although one of the top 3 spots on the floor was claimed by Gabby Douglas, who won't be in the floor final, I still think there are plenty of other gymnasts to take it.  I'll go ahead and make my call Raisman, Ponor, Izabaza.

3. May/Trenaor win 2-0 vs AOR
Have to go AOR in this one.  Yes, I understand May/Treanaor have only lost one set in the Olympics ever (39 of 40) but this Chinese team is solid.  Chen/Xi haven't lost a set in the 2012 olympics, I'd consider taking them to win the match, but I'll definitely take AOR.

4. Brazil by 2+ vs AOR
Korea has only given up 2 goals in the entire Olympics.  That includes one against Great Britain who they beat in the quarterfinals.  Brazil hasn't scored less than 3 goals in a match the entire olympics.  However, they've only had one clean sheet. I think this turns into a conservative game and so I'll take AOR. 



No comments:

Post a Comment